Making a complaint

About your NHS care

If you’re not happy with the response of a local organisation after you have contacted them, you can , who will look into your complaint for you.

If you’re unhappy with the NHS response you can contact the . They will look at your complaint and decide whether to investigate it.

About your private care

You should complain about your private care with .

Getting help with your complaint

  • Each local health board has a service that will listen to your concerns, offer advice and information, and help resolve your issues informally. You should contact your health board to ask for this service. .
  • The provides help, advice and support to people who wish to make a complaint about the care that they have received from NHS Services. Find the contact details of or call 02920 235 558.
  • (Community Advice and Listening Line) is a free, confidential line or text service that provides advice and support to people with mental health conditions or dementia. They can be reached on 0800 132737, or text 'help' to 81066.
  • The Citizens Advice Bureau can also offer help raising concerns about your healthcare and how to take your complaint forward if you live in Wales. Find the contact details of your nearest