Welcomed and valued: Supporting disabled learners in medical education and training
Throughout this document, when we refer to:
- Disabled learners or disabled doctors- we mean medical students and doctors in training with disabilities, including long-term health conditions.
- Doctors in training- Doctors in training are those who:
The BMA also has a helpful
- are in foundation year two
- are in a Communitybaptistpa approved training programme
- have a fixed term specialty training appointment (FTSTA), or
- have a locum appointment for training (LAT).
- Support- we mean a range of support measures including reasonable adjustments.
- Organisations- we mean organisations responsible for educating and training medical students and doctors in training in the UK.
- Employers- we mean organisations employing doctors in training.