Who can apply for provisional registration?

If you are eligible for full registration, you can't apply for provisional registration.

We can consider provisional registration applications from: 

  • UK medical graduates who have completed their medical degree at a UK university
  • international medical graduates who have an acceptable primary medical qualification and who have passed the PLAB test but who have not completed an internship
  • nationals from the EEA, Switzerland and other countries with enforceable community rights who qualified outside of the EEA and Switzerland, who are looking to complete their initial medical training
  • Doctors who qualified in the EEA, if their internship is required for compliance with (the Directive).

Check if you're eligible for provisional registration