Booking, changing or cancelling your revalidation assessment
Booking your assessment
We'll give you four months' notice of the date by which you must book your assessment. You must book using , even if you:
- have not yet completed your annual return
- think you may connect to a responsible officer or suitable person in the near future
- are planning to take another acceptable qualification.
Changing your booking
To change, call us on . You can't change your booking online.
You must have an acceptable reason to change your booking
Unless you have an acceptable reason, you must sit an assessment by your revalidation date. We can only change your booking if there is an alternative date available before then.
Illness or exceptional issues
If you can't attend your assessment because of serious illness or an exceptional problem, you should contact us as soon as possible. We will book you onto the next available assessment date (even if this means you can't sit the assessment before your revalidation date). You won't have to pay a further fee, if we agree that it was reasonable for you to not attend. You must give us the following evidence:
- illness: medical certificate or letter on appropriate headed paper, covering the day of the test
- death or serious injury of family member: death or medical certificate
- any other difficulty you could not have foreseen: a letter of explanation (for example, from an employer).
Please us scanned copies with an explanation of the reason you need to change your booking.
If you fail to attend your booked assessment without giving a satisfactory explanation and evidence, we may take steps to remove your licence to practise.
Will I need to pay again if I change my booking?
No – if we agree to move your assessment date, we'll keep your fee to cover the new date.
Cancelling your booking
In certain circumstances, you may need to cancel your revalidation assessment.
We will give you a refund in the following circumstances.
- If you get a connection to a designated body or suitable person (and the connection has been confirmed) – we'll give you a full refund.
- If you give up your licence or registration, so are no longer subject to revalidation – we'll give you:
- a full refund if you tell us more than 90 days before your assessment
- a 50% refund if you tell us between 60–90 days before your assessment
- no refund if you tell us less than 60 days before your assessment.
- If you have taken an alternative another acceptable exam (see above), we'll give you a full refund.
We'll credit the debit or credit card you used when booking the assessment. We can't make a refund to a different card. If you didn't pay by card, we'll send you a cheque.